lundi 23 avril 2012

Reading of the week: The Strain & Orchid

Hey there!
This my geek moment! Why? Because I love to reads some dark comics and I want share some with you! My reading actually is light those days because I've a heavy schedules. I do my blogging on the sunday and the rest of the time I go to school or work. Well, now I started like 2 weeks ago, a new serie calls The Strain. And today I'm starting Orchid

THE STRAIN 




The publisher is Dark Horse. Dark Horse is principally knows for Star Wars, Frank Miller's Sin City, Mass Effect, 300, Hellboy, Conan, etc. Trying a new series is like having sex with a new person, you never known if you'll like it. Seriously, I love the graphic and the story is the kind of really popular since AH1N1 cold pandemia in 2009-2010 episod... What I'm telling you is movies and pop culture are so fashionnable about contamination, zombies and the best part EPIDEMIC! Zombie is the new black (or the new plague)! The story is about a strange thing happen on a plane 777 (how original, why you didn't put 666, it won't surprise me) and than doctor Ephreim Goodweather (cheezy name) tought the strange thing was a terrorist attack. Well even if the story is so ZOMBIFIED and so FASHIONNABLE, The Strain can worth it! Actually, even if I doesn't like some little aspect of the story, I enjoye my reading. Actually they've only four number and I get it all! Waiting for the 5th one!


Orchid


What about Orchid. I'm the kind of girl who reads Grimm Fairy Tales and now, I'm with Orchid and Strain... But Orchid is more in the same wave of Grimm Fairy Tales. And I was really surprised that Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, etc.) participate at this comics book. He's the writter. Actually I read 2 to 6, the #1 is back order (WHAT A SAD NEWZ)! The story is pretty interesting.


Synopsis: "When the seas rose, genetic codes were smashed. Human settlements are ringed by a dense wilderness from which ferocious new animal species prey on the helpless. The high ground belongs to the rich and powerful that overlook swampland shantytowns from their fortress-like cities. Iron-fisted rule ensures order and allows the wealthy to harvest the poor as slaves. Welcome to the world of Orchid." Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=9745

And guess what? Each Issue is promoted with a song from Tom Morello!



Where I bought comics? Actually I go in my fave comics store at 15 minutes walking of my home Le Beginner (899 Curée-Poirier, Longueuil Québec). I invite you to go at this place if you're in Montreal area. I also invite you to join the Facebook Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/LeBeginner

The owners are really kind and you can have nice chat with him on Tank Girl or on other nice comics book!

550291_347362051980816_226700704046952_1045383_1419743137_n




See you in hell!

Josy

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire